Tomato can 1 (210g)
Garlic 1 clove
Olive oil 1 table spoon
salt 1/2 tea spoon
Fresh baby spinach
Fresh baby oregano
|My favorite tomato can from Mutti|
1. First make tomato sauce. Peel the skin off the garlic. Cut in half, take out the
core. Place your knife flat over the garlic and press to crush.
Add olive oil and garlic in a cold fry pan and start to heat over medium-low heat.
You shall never burn garlic !! Just try to get the aroma from garlic “transferred” to
the olive oil. When you really can smell garlic, add tomato.
2. Cook over medium heat. After it was brought to a boil, reduce the heat to low and
add salt and let it simmer for 10 minutes.
3. Cook Cappellacci according to instructions. Today I cooked it for 6 minutes.
4. When the pasta is cooked, drain.
Put 1/3 of the tomato sauce in a bowl and add the pasta. Toss.
5. Add the rest of tomato sauce and toss lightly again.
6. Place some fresh baby spinach on a plate. Place the pasta in the center
and top with parmesan cheese and fresh baby oregano. Grilled vegetable can
go on top.
7. Bon appétit!