Ingredients for 4 pocket meat pies. 1 pocket meat pie = 2 bento pies.
Frozen pie crust sheet 2 (defrost in room temperature for 20 min)
Ground beef 250g
Fresh spinach 150g
Green beans 50g
Feta cheese 100g
Salt, pepper, dry basil, dry oregano
1 egg yolk
Butter, Olive oil
1. Wash spinach well. Drain and pat with a kitchen paper towel to dry.
2. Boil green beans in boiling water and salt for 3 minutes.
Take them out of the pan and put in ice water. Drain.
3. Slice mushrooms.
4. Heat a frypan over medium high heat. Put 1 table spoon of
butter and olive oil and start to fry the meat. Add spinach
and mushrooms. Salt and pepper and season with your favorite
seasonings. Throw away any juice from meat and vegetables.
Let it cool.
Preheat the oven to 220 ℃
5. Defrost the pie sheets in room temperature. Place a small plastic bag
on the kitchen counter and put 1 sheet on it. Place another plastic bag
on the pie sheet and put the other pie sheet on it. Cover with a plastic
wrap. Leave it for 20 min.
6. Put some flour on the cutting board and start to roll out the pie sheet with
a rolling pin. If the pie sheet is too soft and it sticks to the rolling pin, put it
back in the fridge for 5 minutes.
7. Get the desired thickness. I like to have it thin. It becomes almost
three times bigger than the original size. We can make 2 pies from each sheet.
8. Cut it into 2. Place the meat, vegetables and cheese on one side of the dough closer to you. The other side of the dough will be folded over.
9. Salt, pepper and season with your favorite herbs and seasonings.
10. Fold the other side of the dough over and pinch the edge and close the pocket. Crimp with a fork or your finger.
11. You can use your cookie cutter and decorate the pie.
12. Brush the egg yolk wash with a brush. It is now ready to bake in the oven!
13. Bake it 15 minutes or until it becomes golden brown.
14. With a salad and a glass of white wine, enjoy your Meat Pie!