Do you like soup? My family and I all like soup. In Norway we have many kinds of soup and I think people are quite good at making good soup from scratch. They use vegetable broth, chicken or beef broth, fish broth,
even broth from lamb or pheasant is used to make soup. This is maybe because we have a long and cold winter and soup is something nice to have with family and friends and it is easy to make a large batch of. But soup can be good in summer. The famous Vichyssoise is one of my favorite summer soups and it is fun to give my own twist to the classic recipe to make my own version of the cold potage from scratch.
This soup I am giving you the recipe of today is called cold avocado and cucumber soup. While you are reading the name, maybe you have an image of a glass bowl filled with refreshing green-color potage soup.
Like this? It tastes as refreshing as it looks, it is a very summery kind of soup. The base of this recipe was made by a Japanese chef in a french restaurant in Tokyo and I changed it a little bit. If you get a good ripe avocado (not an over-ripe one) please try this recipe. It is not so difficult to make this soup either, so enjoy it on a hot summer day!
Lemon 1/2 (peeled)
Cream cheese 70g
|I use 4 of these|
Extra virgin olive oil 2 table spoons
Chicken stock 250 cc
We use a food processor or a blender.
Garnish on the soup is extra virgin olive oil and cucumber.
1. Peel and pit the avocado. Cut it into 2-3 pieces. Slice lemon.
Cut cucumber into small cubes. Put all of them in a food processor.
2. Blend everything together for 30 seconds. Stop for a while as the heavy chunks will sink to the bottom. Blend again adding olive oil a little by little.
3. Add chicken soup stock. Blend.
4. Add cream cheese. Blend until smooth.
5. Taste after the cream cheese is well blended. Add salt, pepper and green tabasco if you like it hot.
6. Cool it in the fridge for one hour before serving.