Ingredients: (serves 4)
Large chicken breast halves 3
Soy sauce 1.5 table spoons
Sake 1.5 table spoons
Salt and pepper
Corn starch or potato flower 4 table spoons
Egg yolks 2
Oil for frying
Sweet chili sauce
1. Cut chicken into 2cm cubes and put in a bowl.
Add soy sauce, sake, salt and pepper and mix well.
Marinate in the fridge for 15 minutes.
2. Add 2 table spoons of corn starch and “massage” the chicken.
Coat each piece evenly.
3. Add egg yolks and massage again. What a lucky chicken to get such a good treatment! ^^ The egg yolks add a good mild taste and a pretty yellow color to the chicken!
4. Add the rest of corn starch. As you see we are making 3 layers of coat on each chicken piece. Again coat evenly. While you are doing this, heat oil in a pan and bring it to 185 ℃.
5. Deep fry the chicken in the oil until golden brown. Drain on paper towels.
6. Make the sauce. We use this sweet sour sauce with lemon grass.
7. If you like lemon grass, add some more paste to intensify the taste.
8. Toss the chicken into the sauce and coat well.
9. Shredded lettuce, cucumber and red radish go underneath the chicken.
They will add some crunchy texture and this tasteful sauce will wrap all up!!