Ingredients for 16 Madeleines.
(My mold is made in France and are shaped like a scallop, hold 25ml each)
Powder sugar 110g
Baking powder 1/4 tea spoon
Salt 1 pinch
1. Bring the eggs to the room temperature.
2. Crack the eggs into a small bowl and beat with a fork.
Mix well until you see all egg white is blended into the yellow.
3. Cut the butter into small pieces and put into a pan.
Heat and melt the butter on medium heat Keep it warm on the stove.
4. Take a little bit of the butter on a brush and lightly
brush the mold.
5. Shift flour, powder sugar, baking powder together once.
Put them into a bowl and add a pinch of salt.
6. Add the eggs into 5 and mix with a large spoon.
Don’t overmix, if you see all the white ingredients
disappear into the egg, it is ok. If you see some
white lumps, use a whisk and break them and try to
incorporate all in the egg.
7. Add hot butter in. If the butter is cold, the cake
batter separates, so remember to keep the butter hot!!
8. Mix with a big spoon, use your good strong power!!
Mix, mix, mix until you see a shiny and glossy cake batter.
9. Cover with plastic wrap and leave it for 1 hour. (If you have
a space in your fridge, you can put it there too)
10. Heat the oven to 200℃.
11. Fill the mold with the cake batter up to 80% of its volume.
It expands while being baked, so don’t fill to the brim.
12. Bake under 200℃ for 3 minutes. Then reduce the heat to 170℃ and
bake until golden brown. My mold is so small and the total baking time is
only 7 minutes. But please adjust this according to your mold.
13. If you need to repeat baking using the same mold, put some melted butter on the mold after each session.