Today I made this Strawberry Tart. In my freezer there is almost always some
tart dough and it is very useful when someone comes to my house for a tea
and I can bake this just some hours before the guest arrives. It does not
take much time to make this and I think this cake is a very decorative cake
to entertain and impress your guest.:-)
Ingrédients: for a round tart mold 15cm, for 8 small tart molds
Fresh strawberries 200g
pâte sucrée :
Butter 125g (take out from fridge one hour before you start)
Powder sugar 50g
Granurated sugar 25g
Egg yolk 50g (take out from fridge one hour before)
Cake flour 160g (shift with baking powder)
Baking Powder 10g
Vanila Beans 1
Egg yolks 3
Granurated sugar 40g
Corn starch 15g
1. Put butter in the food processor. The butter is at
room temperature. Whizz the butter for 10 seconds.
Mix in the sugar. Whizz for 30 seconds. Mix in Salt.
Add the egg yolk and mix well. Shift the flower and
baking powder together and put in and make a dough.
If it is still dry, you can add a splash of ice cold
water. Wrap it and chill it in the fridge for one hour.
2. Heat the oven to 190C. Lightly butter a round tart
tin of 15cm/8 small tart molds. Roll out the pastry use
to line the tart tin. Line the base of the pastry with
baking paper and beans and bake for 15 minutes. (Please
adjust the time if you are making in small tart molds)
3. Then remove the baking paper and beans and cook for 8 minutes more.
4. Leave the pastry on a wrack to cool it completely.
5. Make the creme. Warm up the milk.
6. Put the egg yolks, sugar, vanilla beans, corn starch in a bowl and mix well.
Pour the hot mild a little by little. Mix well. Put everything back into the
pan and heat it slowly until it becomes thick like custard cream.
7. Take it away from the heat, mix in the butter.
8. Cool the cream.
9. Put the cream in the tart base, decorate with fresh strawberries.
10. Mix 1 table spoon strawberry or rasberry jam and 1 table spoon of
hot water well. Coat the strawberry with to “nappage” it. (gloss it)